PCI Redaction removes customer billing information (including credit card numbers, CVV codes, billing zip codes, and social security numbers) from your call recordings and transcripts. If you haven't already enabled call recording or transcripts, do that first, then return to this article.
Activate PCI Redaction
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left, then select Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose the company where you'd like to turn on PCI redaction.
- Click Transcripts in the left menu.
- Make sure Transcripts is active.
- Select the checkbox to Redact sensitive information from all calls. You can turn off PCI Redaction at any time. Previously redacted calls will not be restored, but future calls will not include redactions.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to activate.
- Billing information will be removed from call recordings and show as [redacted] in your call transcriptions like this:
How does PCI Redaction work?
Our PCI Redaction feature is designed to look for and redact credit card information, specifically. It currently has a 90% accuracy rate that continues to improve over time through machine learning.
Will it remove other information?
There may be some instances when PCI Redaction removes other numerical information surrounding a credit card number on calls where credit card information has been spotted.