PII Redaction removes sensitive items from your call recordings and transcripts, including information related to your customers' billing and personal information. If you haven't already enabled call recording or transcripts, do that first, then return to this article.
Activate PII Redaction
- Click My Account in the top left corner of the page and select Account Settings.
- Click Transcripts in the left menu.
- Find the company in your account (if you have more than one) where you'd like to turn on PII redaction. Then, click the Edit (pencil) icon to edit that company.
- Make sure call transcription is active.
- In the PII Redaction section, check any or all of the boxes for items you'd like redacted in your transcripts.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to activate.
- The selected information will be removed from call recordings and instead will be labeled in your transcripts based on the information being redacted.
(i.e. [CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER], [DATE_OF_BIRTH], etc.)
How does PII Redaction work?
Our PII Redaction feature is designed to look for and redact sensitive information. It currently has a 90% accuracy rate that continues to improve over time through machine learning.
Will it remove other information?
There may be some instances when PII Redaction removes other numerical information surrounding a credit card number on calls where credit card information has been spotted.