CallRail users can request payment information from someone who is not a CallRail user as part of the process for creating a new account. This option is typically chosen by users with multiple accounts, where the person who creates and operates the accounts is not responsible for paying the bill.
The option to invite a third party to enter payment information is only available during the process of creating a new account.
If the person entering payment information is already a CallRail user, you can skip the payment step in the Create New Account process and add the user to the account as an administrator afterward.
You'll need the name and email address of the person you would like to invite before you begin.
How to Invite a Third Party
The following instructions are for existing CallRail users. If you have been invited by a CallRail user, please see the next two sections.
- When you arrive at the Billing screen in the Create New Account modal, select Invite someone to enter Billing Information.
- Enter the first and last name and email address of the person you are inviting.
- Enter a personal message. This is optional, but we recommend including your name and contact information so the person you invite will understand who is asking for their credit card information.
- The person you invite will receive an email, which will link them to a screen where they can create a password and enter payment information. They will be added as an administrator to the account and will have administrator privileges.
I've Been Invited
- If you have been invited to enter payment information by a CallRail user, you will receive an email with the name of the person who invited you in the subject line.
- Open the email and click Get Started. You'll be redirected to CallRail's website.
- Once you reach CallRail, you'll create a password. This will allow you to enter payment information and can be used to access the account in the future.
- Enter your debit or credit card information.
- Once you click the Save Info button, you card information will be saved in CallRail. Only the last four digits of your card will be visible to anyone else using the account.
Changing My Card Information
Once you create a password and enter payment information, you'll be added as an administrator to the CallRail account in question. You'll have all the privileges and capabilities of a regular user.
If you are new to CallRail, you may want to contact the person who operates the account to make changes to your payment information. Follow the steps below to do it yourself.
- Go to the sign in page on the CallRail website. Enter your email address and the password you created.
- Click the Account icon in the top left, then select Manage Account in the My Account panel.
- Click the word Change next the Payment Information field near the middle of the page.
- Enter new card information and click Update Credit Card.