This feature is available for the Calls & Texts Advanced plan and higher. Use our help article to see or change your pricing.
The Lead Attribution by Source custom report shows you an aggregated view of which marketing sources are driving raw and qualified leads for your business at specific points in the sales funnel using our multi-touch attribution modeling.
The Lead Attribution by Source report gives you a combined view of all sources and interaction types you're tracking in CallRail at each stage in the sales funnel using multi-touch attribution. For example, if a lead filled out a form and then called your business, the attribution for each would be captured under the same lead and given credit at the right part of the sales funnel for reporting.
Create a Lead Attribution by Source Custom Report
Use these instructions to create a custom report that showcases your top performing sources with multi-touch attribution modeling.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left, then click Reports at the top of the page.
- Select All under Custom to create a new custom report.
- Click Lead Attribution by Source and click Create Report.
- You'll see a full lead attribution report with all of the current sources you're tracking in CallRail with your top five sources displayed in the graph above and a further breakdown in the table below. This report is divided by raw leads and qualified leads.
Read this support article to learn how to qualify leads in CallRail.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to choose one or more companies, a reporting time frame, and an attribution model for your report. Your report initially loads with the 50/50 Model selected, but you can change models anytime.
Read this article for definitions for each attribution model and how to use them here.
- You can also use the filter bar to select one or more interaction types for more targetted reporting. If you select only Calls, for example, it will only surface leads that have called your business at some point in the sales funnel and exclude leads that have only contacted you via a form submission or text.
- If you choose to explore your data further, you can click on a number within the table to drill down into the raw leads or qualified leads counts to see the specific leads that were attributed to a source of your choice.
- This report is automatically saved after it's been created.
Export and Print Your Report
You can print or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export above the table and choose an Excel file type to download the report with all current filters applied.
- Choose PDF Instructions if you want details about how to save your report as a PDF file.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
Duplicating a Custom Report
If you'd like to duplicate a custom report you've created, you can do so at any time.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left, then select Reports at the top of the page.
- Find and click on the report you'd like to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Report within the Report Options drop-down.
- Confirm that you'd like to duplicate this report by clicking Duplicate.
Deleting a Custom Report
If you'd like to delete a custom report you've created, you can remove it from your list at any time.
- Click Delete Report within the Report Options drop-down.
- Confirm that you'd like to delete this report by clicking Delete.
How is the Lead Attribution report different than my Call Attribution report?
This report gives you a combined view of lead attribution for all interaction types you're tracking in CallRail (ex. calls, texts, and form submissions) using a lead-based model for reporting instead of attribution for individual calls and forms like in the Call Attribution or Form Attribution reports. This means that every contact will be tied to that specific lead and given attribution at the correct step in the sales funnel based on that lead.
Why don't I see any qualified leads?
If you don't see any qualified leads on the report, use this support article to learn more about how to qualify leads in CallRail.