The Lead Attribution by Campaign report gives you insight into which marketing campaigns are driving the most raw and qualified leads to your business at which stages in the sales funnel.
This report will automatically pull any campaign data available in CallRail via your integrations or Google Analytics UTM parameters available for specific sources. In order to get the most accurate data for this report, make sure to integrate CallRail with any of the ad networks you're tracking (ex. Google Ads, Facebook, and Bing Ads) as well as ensure the correct tracking templates are applied for Facebook and Bing Ads using the articles below. (Google Ads will automatically have tracking assigned via the integration.)
Create a Lead Attribution by Campaign Custom Report
Use these instructions to create a custom report that showcases a list of all calls to your tracking numbers.
- Select Reports at the top of the page.
- Click on All from the Custom list of reports in the left menu.
- Select Lead Attribution by Campaign and click Create Report.
- You'll see a full lead attribution report with all of the current sources and campaigns you're tracking in CallRail with your top five sources displayed in the graph above and a further breakdown in the table below. This report is divided by raw leads and qualified leads.
Read this support article to learn how to qualify leads in CallRail.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to choose one or more companies, a reporting time frame, and an attribution model for your report.
Read this article for definitions for each attribution model and how to use them here.
- You can also use the filter bar to select one or more interaction types for more targetted reporting. If you select only Calls, for example, it will only surface leads that have called your business at some point in the sales funnel and exclude leads that have only contacted you via a form submission or text.
- This report is automatically saved after it's been created.
Export and Print Your Report
You can print or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export above the table and choose an Excel file type to download the report with all current filters applied.
- Choose PDF Instructions if you want details about how to save your report as a PDF file.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
Duplicating a Custom Report
If you'd like to duplicate a custom report you've created, you can do so at any time.
- Select Reports at the top of the page.
- Find and click on the report you'd like to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate Report within the Report Options drop-down.
- Confirm that you'd like to duplicate this report by clicking Duplicate.
Deleting a Custom Report
If you'd like to delete a custom report you've created, you can remove it from your list at any time.
- Click Delete Report within the Report Options drop-down.
- Confirm that you'd like to delete this report by clicking Delete.
Why do I see N/A in my campaign column?
If you're seeing N/A for a campaign column it means we're unable to attach a campaign for that source. That could mean it's a single source tracker with no campaign name attached (like a billboard) or it's an online source that we don't have more granular data available for. To get the most amount of data, make sure to integrate your CallRail account with any of the ad networks you're tracking such as Google Ads, Facebook, and Bing Ads so we can pull in campaign data. Also, make sure to activate tracking templates using the support articles below for Bing Ads and Facebook.
How to set up Bing Ads tracking templates for lead reporting.
How to set up Facebook tracking templates for lead reporting.
How is the Lead Attribution reporting different than my Call Attribution report?
This report gives you a combined view of lead attribution for all interaction types you're tracking in CallRail (ex. calls, texts, and form submissions) using a lead-based model for reporting instead of attribution for individual calls and forms like in the Call Attribution or Form Attribution reports. This means that every contact will be tied to that specific lead and given attribution at the correct step in the sales funnel based on that lead.
I don't see any qualified leads?
If you don't see any qualified leads on the report, use this support article to learn more about how to qualify leads in CallRail.