The Lead Attribution report shows which marketing sources are driving the most raw and qualified leads for your business at which points in the sales funnel using our multi-touch attribution modeling.
Use this article to learn how to:
- View your Lead Attribution report
- Set up your ad networks for granular lead reporting
The Lead Attribution report gives you a combined view of all sources and interaction types you're tracking in CallRail at each stage in the sales funnel using multi-touch attribution. For example, if a lead filled out a form and then called your business, the attribution for each would be captured under the same lead and given credit at the right part of the sales funnel for reporting.
View Your Lead Attribution Report
- Click Reports at the top of the page. The report page defaults to the view of your Lead Attribution report.
- You'll see a breakdown of the current total leads for each source you're tracking in CallRail with your top five sources displayed in the graph above and a further breakdown in the table below. This report is divided by raw leads and qualified leads.
Read this support article to learn how to qualify leads in CallRail.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to choose one or more companies, a reporting time frame, and an attribution model for your report.
Read this article for definitions for each attribution model and how to use them here.
- You can also click Add Filter and choose Interactions to select one or more interaction types for more targeted reporting.
For example, if you select only Calls, it will only show leads that have called your business and exclude leads that have only contacted you via a form submission or text.
- This report is automatically saved after it's been created.
Get Keyword and Session Data
In order to get granular data for this report, it's best to use a keyword pool for your online lead tracking and add tracking templates to your ad networks. Google Ads automatically applies tracking templates. If you're using Bing Ads and Facebook Ads, use the articles below to add tracking templates for better lead reporting.
Export and Print Your Report
You can print or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export directly beneath and to the right of the main report graph. Choose a file type to download the report with all current filters applied.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
How is the Lead Attribution report different than my Call Attribution report?
This report gives you a combined view of lead attribution for all interaction types you're tracking in CallRail (ex. calls, texts, and form submissions) using a lead-based model for reporting instead of attribution for individual calls and forms like in the Call Attribution or Form Attribution reports. This means that every contact will be tied to that specific lead and given attribution at the correct step in the sales funnel based on that lead.
Why are there multiple rows in this report that are labeled Google Paid?
I don't see any qualified leads?
If you don't see any qualified leads on the report, use this support article to learn more about how to qualify leads in CallRail.