Discover how text conversations impact your business. Study activity, plus filter and export texts over a chosen timeframe to showcase details about the text conversations involving your tracking numbers.
Use this article to learn how to:
- Create a report using the text conversations involved with your account
- Export and print your report
The Text Conversations Report offers a convenient way for you to follow your text conversations' activity, allowing you to pinpoint key text information using customizable insights. Learn more about when and how text conversations are making an impact on your bottom line.
Create a Text Conversations Report
Use these instructions to create a report that identifies the types of text conversations made and received by your tracking numbers. You can gain insightful knowledge about text conversation details, helping you to understand more about the text conversations that matter to your business.
- Select Activity at the top of the page.
- Find the Text Conversations option in the left menu.
- Choose an interval for how your data will be presented. The interval options available here vary based on your date range. Your filter options are dependent upon what you choose in this drop-down.
- The report initially loads with a list of text conversations involving all companies. The columns display information related to each text conversations. Use the Customize Insights button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
- If you'd like to search for specific names, numbers, or locations within the "Contact" column of the report, use the Search Contacts field at the top of the table to find your desired information.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to determine which companies and types of text conversations you'd like to see within a particular timeframe.
- Use the company drop-down to choose which companies should be on this report. You can select as many or as few as you'd like.
- Use the date range drop-down to select the timeframe for the text conversations you'd like to see on this report.
- If you choose to drill-down further, select Add Filter and pick the additional filters you'd like for your report. This drop-down only shows if you're adding filters.
- Optional: You can see a separate chart and table featuring details about text conversations involving a specific company or tracking number by selecting the desired company or tracking number within the report. Use the Customize Insights button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
Export and Print Report
You can print, save your report to a PDF file, or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export at the top of the table.
- Choose Excel or Excel All Columns to download an Excel file of your report. If you choose to export to Excel, your report will include a cover sheet that details the filters you used to create your report.
- Select PDF Instructions and follow your browser-specific directions to save the report as a PDF file. You can also view this help article for more details.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
Where are my familiar column labels from the old Text Conversations Report?
They’re still available to you. Click the “Customize Insights” button to see the labels that were found in the old report. Choose however many labels you want to see and click the “Apply” button when ready.
Where are my saved filters from the old Text Conversations Report?
With the new Text Conversations Report, the ability to save your filters has moved to our custom reporting feature instead of on the Text Conversations Report itself. Our powerful custom reports allow you to save filters and create separate reports for each of your filter sets for greater visibility into the metrics that matter most to your business. However, any filters you saved on a custom report you've built are still available to you.
Custom reports are available on the Advanced plan or higher. Use our help article to see or change your pricing.
Where is the "Compare To" option from the old Text Conversations Report?
To further enhance the custom reporting experience, the "Compare To" option isn't available in the new Text Conversations Report. Instead, use the Text Conversations Custom Report to view and compare text data over time.
To do this, select your desired filter choices within the Text Conversations Custom Report and focus on the interval views for hours/days/weeks/months/years, which can be seen after clicking the appropriate drop-down. Save your report to keep your filter choices for later use.
- Select Export at the top of the table.