Discover how text conversations impact your business. Study activity, plus filter and export texts over a chosen timeframe to showcase details about the text conversations involving your tracking numbers.
The Text Conversations report offers a convenient way for you to follow your text conversations' activity, allowing you to pinpoint key text information using customizable insights. Learn more about when and how text conversations are making an impact on your bottom line.
Create a Text Conversations Report
Use these instructions to create a report that identifies the types of text conversations made and received by your tracking numbers. You can gain insightful knowledge about text conversation details, helping you to understand more about the text conversations that matter to your business.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left, then select Activity at the top of the page.
- Find the Text Conversations option in the left menu.
- Choose an interval for how your data will be presented by using the filter panel at the top of the report. The interval options available here vary based on your date range. Your filter options are dependent upon what you choose in this drop-down.
- The report initially loads with a list of text conversations involving all companies. The columns display information related to each text conversations. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
When CallRail shows marketing attribution data such as campaign, referrer, and landing page, typically the contact's First Touch milestone is represented. This means how a contact engages with your company for the first time is captured in your reporting.
- If you'd like to search for specific names, numbers, or locations within the "Contact" column of the report, use the Search Contacts field at the top of the table to find your desired information.
- Use the filter panel to determine which companies and types of text conversations you'd like to see within a particular time frame.
- Use the company drop-down to choose which companies should be on this report. You can select as many or as few as you'd like.
- Use the date range drop-down to select the timeframe for the text conversations you'd like to see on this report.
- If you choose to drill-down further, select Add Filter and pick the additional filters you'd like for your report. This drop-down only shows if you're adding filters.
Optional: You can see a separate chart and table featuring details about text conversations involving a specific company or tracking number by selecting the desired company or tracking number within the report. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
Use these instructions to compare data within your report.
- Place your cursor over the date range drop-down and click the plus icon that appears.
- Choose your desired comparison period by clicking on the comparison timeframe drop-down. You can create a custom timeframe by clicking on Custom. You'll see a comparison chart for the two time periods you've chosen.
- To exit the comparison view, click on the "X" that appears after placing your cursor over the comparison timeframe drop-down.
Export and Print Report
You can print, save your report to a PDF file, or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export at the top of the table.
- Choose Excel or Excel All Columns to download an Excel file of your report. If you choose to export to Excel, your report will include a cover sheet that details the filters you used to create your report.
- Select PDF Instructions and follow your browser-specific directions to save the report as a PDF file. You can also view this help article for more details.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
Where are my familiar column labels from the old Text Conversations Report?
They’re still available to you. Click the Edit Columns button to see the labels that were found in the old report. Choose however many labels you want to see and click the “Apply” button when ready.
Where are my saved filters from the old Text Conversations Report?
With the new Text Conversations Report, the ability to save your filters has moved to our custom reporting feature instead of on the Text Conversations Report itself. Our powerful custom reports allow you to save filters and create separate reports for each of your filter sets for greater visibility into the metrics that matter most to your business. However, any filters you saved on a custom report you've built are still available to you.