Your CallRail invoice is sent to the designated administrators on your account on a monthly basis. It contains a detailed breakdown of the items that comprise your account’s total monthly cost.
Invoices cover the total usage for your entire account. A breakdown of usage by company can be acquired by exporting a Company Summary from the list of invoices on your Account Billing page.
For more information on how to access current and previous invoices from inside your account, please see our Account Billing and Invoices article.
The Account Summary contains two sections: Account Usage and Base Charges. The final total on your invoice combines the previous usage charges from the last invoiced period with the upcoming base plan charge for the next invoicing period.
Account Usage details usage from the previous invoicing period. It lists items such as minutes, numbers, and transcriptions. The Total column sums the cost from items used beyond what is included in your base plan.
- Minutes is a total of the minutes used that are included in your base plan.
- Minutes -- Additional is a total of additional minutes used beyond the amount included in your base plan.
- Numbers is a total of all call tracking numbers used that are included in your base plan.
- Numbers -- Additional is a total of additional tracking numbers used beyond the amount included in your base plan.
- Text Messages is a total of all SMS messages sent and received.
- Toll-Free Minutes Surcharge is a total of toll-free minutes used which will incur a surcharge over the base per-minute fee.
- Toll-Free Numbers Surcharge is a total of toll-free numbers used which will incur a surcharge over the base per-minute fee.
- CallScribe Minutes and Voicemail Transcriptions are the total billable minutes for those types of call transcriptions.
- Base Charge shows your monthly plan cost for the upcoming invoicing period. This section includes add-ons to your account, such as Lead Center, CallScribe, and Agency Tools.
The Usage Summary aggregates the line item charges displayed in the prior Account Usage section.
- Included refers to the quantity of the items included in the cost of your base plan.
- Used refers to the quantity of those items that were used over the invoiced time period.
- Billable refers to the quantity of those items outside what is included in your base plan.
For charges related to minutes, numbers, and text messages, Total is found by multiplying Billable times Rate. This is a measurement of item usage outside the boundary of your base plan package.
For charges related to CallScribe or voicemail transcriptions, Total is found by multiplying Used times Rate. This is because transcriptions are an add-on to any available plan and have usage-based costs beyond what's included in the Conversation Analytics and Analytics Suite product bundles.
The final section on your monthly invoice is the Transaction Summary, which will display your paid sum total. It will also show if a credit has been applied to the specific invoice in question.
Your invoice will reflect if you have changed base plans. It will also reflect if you have implemented or removed add-ons such as Lead Center over the invoicing period. This adjustment is known as proration and is done to ensure your invoice accurately reflects usage.
- A customer is billed on the 1st of the month for a given base plan.
- Then, on the 15th of that month, the customer switches to a different base plan, which has its own usage rates for tracking numbers and minutes.
On the 1st of the next month, their invoice would contain the following:
- A proration credit for a portion of the plan they were initially on
- A proration charge for a portion of the plan they changed to
- A full charge for the base price of the plan they changed to
Charges for the usage of tracking numbers and minutes will also be prorated. They will be issued proportionately based on the amount of time spent on the different base plans during the invoicing period.
Any credits or charges of this nature will be labeled as such on your invoice.
My bill seems higher than it should be after switching to a new plan.
If this is in regards to your first invoice after switching plans, this is likely due to proration. This invoice reflects prorated costs for the usage and base price of both plans used during the previous period. The full extent of your savings will be shown on the following invoice after usage of your former plan has been fully settled.