With CallRail's form builder, you can create rules for your form that show or hide specific fields based on a person's response to a previous field. This allows your customers to automatically skip to another question in your form depending on their answer to a previous question.
For example, a dental practice could add field logic to a specific question on a form that asks, “Are you an existing patient?” If the customer says "yes," then we’d direct them to a different question on your form as opposed to if they indicated they weren’t a new patient.
Before getting started, be sure your form has all the fields on it that you'll need before setting rules for your fields. Here's how: Build a custom form
Adding field logic to your custom form
- Select Analytics from the navigation bar on the left.
- Select Tracking at the top of the page.
- Choose Custom Forms in the left menu.
- Click Create Form to build and style a new form, or click the Edit (pencil) icon if you'd like to make changes to an existing form.
- Create or update the fields on your form that you'll need before setting up your field logic. When you reach the editing step, select the Field Logic tab.
- In the first “If” field, choose the field you’d like to target, and set the field choice.
- Choose the next field that should be shown or hidden depending on their answer.
- Add styling to your form by clicking the Edit Styles before you save it.
- Click Create Form to save your styling options on a new form, or click Save Form if you're changing an existing form.