Lead Center is a lead management and communication system designed to help marketers and small business owners capture, manage, and engage with their leads, all in one place. Lead Center works in sync with your primary CallRail account to enhance your marketing attribution analysis.
How to Access Lead Center
- Sign in to your CallRail account.
- Click on the Lead Center icon in the navigation bar on the side left of your screen.
- If you have Lead Center access for more than one company in your account, choose the correct company from the dropdown menu.
Granting Microphone Permissions in Google Chrome
Lead Center needs permission to use your computer's microphone. Your web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer, controls which web sites have permission to use your microphone. If you answer or place calls in Lead Center when your permissions are turned off, the person on the other side of the line won't be able to hear you.
- If this is your first time signing in to Lead Center, your web browser will ask you to provide permission to use your microphone. Grant microphone permission.
- Every subsequent time you sign in, Lead Center will check to make sure it still has permission to use your microphone, and should automatically ask you to grant permission if it does not.
- If microphone permissions get turned off and you need to turn them back on, try logging out of Lead Center and logging back in.
- You can also adjust your browser permission settings manually. Instructions can be found here.
Using Lead Center
Lead Center is designed for teams of agents to handle inbound and outbound interactions related to their businesses. The interface is broken into four areas.
The inbox is in the panel on the left-hand side. It contains a running list of people who are currently or were recently in contact with your business via phone calls or text messages. The inbox is divided into three sections: Incoming, Active, and Recent.
- Incoming includes interactions that are currently inbound and are waiting to be accepted or answered by an agent.
- Active includes interactions that an agent is currently handling.
- Recents are interactions that have concluded.
The Interaction Panel
The interaction panel is where the action happens. The telephone dialer and texting interface live here. It also displays information about your leads. When you answer a call, information about the caller populates the box. When you click on a lead from your Recents list, you see information about their most recent interactions. The interaction panel is also where you can access the interaction history of your leads, which includes a list of every time that person was in contact with your business.
Here's the interaction panel that hosts your telephone dialer:
This is where you'll see a lead's interaction timeline:
This panel displays call information during an active call:
The Contact Details
The contact details in the top right of the screen contains basic information about whichever lead you have selected at the time. It matches up with the name and phone number as recorded in other areas of CallRail, such as the Call Log and reporting tools. You can edit the contact details at any time.
The Classification Panel
The classification panel can be found in the bottom right corner of the screen whenever you are actively handling an interaction or when you select a lead from your Recents list. This panel allows you to mark a lead as qualified or unqualified based on whether or not that lead is a viable prospect. You can also add tags to an interaction, assign a monetary value, and include notes. The notes save automatically as you type. The information you record in the classification panel is transferred to your main CallRail account to support your reporting and analysis.
How to Place Phone Calls and Send Text Messages
Placing Calls and Texts from the Interaction Panel
The telephone dialer and texting interface are both located in the interaction panel in the middle of the screen. You can toggle between the two by clicking the icons in the top right.
The interaction panel also houses other elements of Lead Center. When you take certain actions, such as answering an incoming call, selecting an old interaction from your Recents list, or viewing the interaction timeline of one of your leads, details relevant to those actions will display in the interaction panel, instead of the dialer.
However, you can always access the dialer or texting interface at any time by clicking one of the icons at the top of the interaction panel.
When you sign in to Lead Center, the telephone dialer is visible in the interaction panel by default.
- To place an outbound call, type the phone number you want to call in the Recipient box.
- Then, choose a Tracking Number from the dropdown menu. This is the number that will show up on the recipients caller ID when you call.
- Click the check box that says "Record call" if you want to record the call. Laws on call recording vary from place to place, so make sure one-party recording is legal in your area.
- Click Place Call.
Text messages are also composed and sent in the interaction panel.
- To place a text message, click the text message icon at the top of the interaction panel.
- Enter the phone number of the person you want to text in the To: box.
- Type your message in the Message box.
- Choose a tracking number from the dropdown menu. This number will show on the recipients phone as the sender of the text.
- Click the Send Text button.
Calls and texts can also be placed from the interaction panel when a lead is selected from the Recents list.
- Select the lead from the Recents list.
- Click either the phone or text icon in the top right corner of the interaction panel. This will auto-populate the phone number of the lead into the dialer or texting interface.
- Choose a tracking number to serve as you outbound caller ID from the dropdown menu.
- Compose your message if you're writing a text.
- Click Place Call or Send Text.
Placing Calls Using Quick Actions from the Inbox
Quick Actions allows you to quickly place a call to a lead that is in the Recents list in your inbox. The inbox is in the left panel.
- Scroll to the lead you want to call in the Recents section.
- Click on the icon next to the lead, which will change to a Plus button that opens Quick Actions.
- Click the phone icon to auto-populate the dialer with the lead's phone number.
- Choose a tracking number from the dropdown menu to serve as outbound caller ID.
- Click Place Call.
Answering Incoming Calls
When someone calls one of your tracking numbers and gets sent to Lead Center, they will appear in the Incoming section of the inbox. All of the agents who are active and associated with the call flow will see the lead.
- Click the Answer button below the name of the lead to immediately connect with the caller.
- Click the Decline button to decline the call. You will no longer see the call in the Incoming section of your inbox.
- You can also click the name of the lead, above the Answer and Decline buttons. This will cause the information about the interaction to populate in the interaction panel, including caller id, the name of the tracking number that was called, and real-time attribution information. You can then answer the call using the buttons in the inbox or the icons at the top of the interaction panel.
- If you decline the call or fail to answer it in a certain amount of time, the caller will be sent to either a different agent or the next step in the call flow, depending on how your call flow is configured. The lead will move from the Incoming section to Recents, where it will show as a missed or abandoned call.
- Click the hang up button in the top right of the interaction panel to end the call.
Using the Wrap-up Step
When configuring a Lead Center call flow, your administrator may choose in route calls to a call queue. The call queue puts calls in a line based on the order they were received and sends them to the agents of a team, one at a time, until some answers. Each agent has 30 seconds to answer the call before it moves on to the next agent.
While you are actively on a phone call, you are removed from the queue of active agents and are not available for incoming calls. After the call has ended, you must hit the wrap-up button in the top right of the interaction panel to make yourself available again.
- Click the hang up button in the top of the interaction panel or wait for the lead to hang up.
- Click the Rejoin the Queue button in the inbox.
Answering Incoming Texts
When someone sends a text to one of your tracking numbers and gets sent to Lead Center, the text will appear in the Incoming section of the inbox. All of the agents who are active and associated with the call flow will see the lead.
Since the person sending a text isn't waiting on the line like they would if they were calling, a text message will stay in the Incoming Incoming section of the inbox until someone accepts it and begins the conversation. Texts will time out and switch to the Recents section after 12 hours.
- Click the Respond button under the text in the inbox to start the text conversation.
- The texting interface will appear at the bottom of the interaction panel, underneath caller id and attribution information. Use the box at the bottom to input your message and click Send.
- Like with phone calls, you can click on the name of the lead to populate the interaction panel before deciding to accept the text.
- Once you have sent a response, if you are not actively texting with the recipient, click the Close text icon at the top right of the interaction panel.
Answering an incoming chat
If you're using chat tracking with Lead Center, you'll also be able to accept incoming chat messages from customers on your website. For detailed instructions on handling chat interactions, check out this help article:
Accessing a Lead's Interaction Timeline
- Click the name of any lead in your inbox. You can view a lead's timeline no matter which section of the inbox they are currently in.
- Click the link that says "more interactions" in the top right of the interaction panel. This will display a full list of every time the person has interacted with your business.
- Click any interaction in the timeline to view details about that interaction.
- To return to the timeline, click the "more interactions" link again or the X button in the top right of the interaction panel.
Setting Your Availability Status
At the top of the inbox, you should see your name next to a dropdown menu. The dropdown menu controls your availability status, which determines if you are available to take incoming interactions. Other agents can see your status.
- When you sign on, your status should be set to Available. This means you are available to take inbound and interactions and will see them as they come into the inbox.
- If you would like to make yourself unavailable for inbound interactions, select Offline from the dropdown menu. You can still make outbound calls and texts from Lead Center, but you won't be able to accept incoming interactions.
- When you are actively handling an interaction and you are part of a call queue, your status will automatically change to Unavailable.
Updating User Settings and Voicemail
- Click the Account icon in the navigation bar at the top left of your screen, then click My Profile in the My Account panel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, to the section called Agent Permissions.
- Here you can set up your agent voicemail and edit your chat display name.