This article is about the new version of Lead Center. For information about our original Lead Center offering, check out these support articles.
One of Lead Center's primary functions is serving as a telephone system with which agents can place and answer phone calls over the internet using their computer's microphone. The following article includes instructions for placing outbound calls and answering inbound calls using Lead Center on a desktop computer. (A Lead Center mobile app will be available soon.)
Getting Started with Lead Center
- To place and answer calls, you must be added as an agent in Lead Center by an account administrator.
- You must also be part of a Lead Center call flow. Administrators must create a call flow that routes calls to Lead Center, then edit one or more tracking numbers to include in the call flow.
- To access Lead Center, sign in to your CallRail account and click the Lead Center icon in the navigation bar on the left. The icon looks like a telephone headset next to a message box.
- Give Lead Center permission to use your microphone in your web browser.
How to Place Phone Calls
Placing Calls from the Interaction Panel
The telephone dialer and texting interface are both located in the Interaction panel. You can toggle between the two using the icons in the top right corner of the panel.
The interaction panel also houses other elements of Lead Center. When you accept an incoming call, for instance, the interaction panel will display current interaction details instead of the dialer. However, you can always access the dialer or texting interface at any time using the icons at the top of the interaction panel.
- To place an outbound call, open the dialer and input the phone number you want to call in the Recipient box.
- Choose a tracking number from the dropdown menu. This is the number that will show up on the recipients caller ID when you call.
Note: Lead Center remembers the outbound caller ID you choose, so once you select a tracking number, that number will stay as your caller ID until you pick a different one. However, if you are calling a number you have called in the past, the caller ID will automatically switch to the tracking number you used the last time you called that number.
- Click the check box that says "Record call" if you want to record the call. Laws on call recording vary from place to place, so make sure one-party recording is legal in your area. An administrator can also set your account to record all outbound calls by default.
- Click Place Call.
Calls can also be placed from the interaction panel when a lead is selected from the Recents list.
- Select the lead from the Recents list.
- Click the phone icon in the top right corner of the interaction panel. This will open the dialer and auto-populate it with the phone number of the lead.
- The tracking number that served as your outbound caller ID during your most recent conversation with the person will populate automatically. If you want to use a different number as your caller ID you can change it in the dropdown menu.
- Click Place Call.
Placing Calls Using Quick Actions from the Inbox
Quick Actions allows you to quickly place a follow up call to someone from the Recent list in your inbox. The Recent section is a list of people who have recently interacted with your business, including inbound and outbound calls and texts.
- Find the person you want to call (or text) in the Recent section of you inbox.
- Find the interaction icon next to the person's name. The interaction icon indicates what kind of interaction the person had with your business, i.e., for an inbound phone call, the icon will show a green phone with an arrow pointing toward the phone; for a text message, you'll see an icon of two, overlapping text message boxes. When you hover over these icons, a plus button will appear.
- Click the plus button to show Quick Actions to the right of the person's name. You'll see two Quick Action icons: a phone icon and a text messaging icon.
- Click the phone icon to auto-populate the dialer with the lead's phone number.
- Choose a tracking number from the dropdown menu to serve as your outbound caller ID.
- Click Place Call.
How to Answer Incoming Calls
When someone calls one of your tracking numbers and gets sent to Lead Center, they will appear in the Incoming section of the inbox. All of the agents who are active and associated with the call flow that routed the call will see the lead in their inbox. The agent that has been idle the longest will see the call first; if they do not answer, it will ring in the inbox of the next agent in the queue.
- Click the Answer button below the name of the lead to immediately connect with the caller.
- Click the Decline button to decline the call. You will no longer see the call in the Incoming section of your inbox, but other agents may continue to see it, depending on how your call flow is configured.
- You can also click the name of the lead, above the Answer and Decline buttons. This will cause the information about the caller to populate in the interaction panel, including caller id, the name of the tracking number that was called, and real-time attribution information. You can then answer the call using the buttons in the inbox or the icons at the top of the interaction panel.
- To hang up, click the hang up icon in the top right of the interaction panel.
Using the Rejoin Queue Step
When configuring a Lead Center call flow, your administrator may choose to use a call queue, which puts calls in a line based on the order they are received. Calls go to the first available agent, or, if more than one agent is available, to the agent who has been idle the longest. Calls show up in the Incoming section of each agent's inbox, one at a time, until someone answers.
While you are actively on a phone call, you are removed from the queue of active agents and are not available for incoming calls. After the call has ended, you must hit the rejoin queue button in the inbox to make yourself available again.
- Click the hang up button in the top of the interaction panel or wait for the lead to hang up.
- Click the Rejoin Queue button in the inbox.