This article is about the new version of Lead Center, which is currently in testing. For information about our current Lead Center offering, check out this support article.
Call monitoring allows agents and administrators to listen in on conversations between other agents and customers.
Currently, only basic call monitoring is available, which allows agents with call monitoring capabilities to silently listen in on any call. Barge monitoring, which allows administrators to take over calls from agents, and whisper monitoring, which allows administrators to speak to an agent during a call without the customer being able to hear, are coming soon.
How to Use Call Monitoring
All administrators have the ability to monitor any call. Agents can be given call monitoring capabilities by adjusting agent settings on the Edit User page.
- Click on any active call in the inbox.
- Click on the Call Monitoring button in the top left of the middle panel.
- You will be able to hear the conversation. To stop monitoring, click the Call Monitoring button a second time.
How to Give Agents Call Monitoring Permission
- Click the Account icon in the navigation bar at the top left of your screen, then click Users in the My Account panel.
- Find the user whose settings you would like to adjust and click the pencil icon to edit user on the right side of the row.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, to the section called Agent Permissions.
- Check the box next to "Give agent ability to monitor any call using softphone." Click Save User.