This article is about the new version of Lead Center. For information about our original Lead Center offering, check out these support articles.
Classifying your interactions in CallRail is the first step to organizing and analyzing your leads. There are three main ways to classify an interaction: mark as a qualified, add a tag, or assign a monetary value.
- Qualifying leads allows you to create more enhanced reporting around which marketing efforts are attracting good leads and moving leads through the sales funnel. There are multiple ways to qualify leads in CallRail. Learn more.
- Tags are a helpful way to sort and categorize your calls and form submissions. Each company in your account has its own set of tags that can be created, edited, and color-coded to help you sort your data faster. Learn more.
- Adding values to calls helps you keep track of high-value leads and see the amount of revenue brought in by each agent, PPC keyword, and marketing source. Learn more.
Using the Classification Panel in Lead Center
Agents can qualify, tag, assign a value to, or take notes on any interaction in Lead Center during or after the interaction takes place using the classification panel in the bottom right. The panel will only show up when you have an interaction highlighted. Otherwise you'll see a blank state. In the image below, the label at the top of the box tells you that the interaction you have highlighted is an inbound call.
- For agents currently handling an interaction, the classification panel in the bottom right will automatically open for that interaction.
- To access the classification panel for an interaction after it has ended, click the name of a person in the Recents section of the inbox.
- You can also select past interactions from a person's interaction history. Once you've selected a person's name in the Recents section of the inbox, click the "more interactions" link in the top right corner of the interaction panel.
- Choose the interaction you'd like to classify from the timeline and use the classification panel to make changes.
How to Qualify Leads
Qualification is associated with a person, not an interaction. If you mark a person as qualified using the Classification Panel during a phone call, for instance, they will continue to show up as qualified in all of their future interactions.
- To mark a lead as qualified or not qualified, use one of the methods listed in the previous section to highlight a lead or interaction. Use the thumbs-up icons to mark the lead as qualified or not qualified.
- To change someone from qualified to not qualified, choose any interaction with that person and click the not qualified icon in the classification panel. This will update that person's status throughout CallRail.
How to Tag an Interaction
Tags are associated with interactions, not people. Unlike when you qualify a lead, a tag you add to an interaction will not show up automatically on future interactions.
- To add a tag to an interaction, select the interaction you want to tag.
- Click the + icon next to the Tags label in the classification panel, and choose a tag from your list of existing tabs, or click the Create New Tag button to create a new tag.
How to Assign a Value
Like tags, values are associated with interactions, not people. Unlike when you qualify a lead, a value you add to an interaction will not show up automatically on future interactions.
- To assign a monetary value to the interaction, click the + icon next to the Value label, and type in a monetary value in the box.
How to Add Notes to an Interaction
Like tags and values, notes are associated with interactions, not people.
- To enter notes about an interaction, type them in the Notes box in the classification panel. Notes save automatically after you type them.