You can create multiple website pools in the same company in your account to track each location of business for yourself or your customer. This solution is popular for franchises and businesses with multiple locations looking to track visitor sessions within the same company in their CallRail account.
To create tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
If your account doesn't already have the ability to add multiple website pools to a single company, you can follow the instructions in our support article to enable multiple website pools in your account and then return to this guide.
Creating Multiple Website Pools
Repeat the instructions below for each website pool you'd like to create.
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I'll use it online.
- Select On my website since these numbers will dynamically replace the telephone number on your website.
- Select Calls, keywords, & web sessions since this pool targets each individual visitor's session on your website.
- Set up your call routing by entering the telephone number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone you can select instead to route calls to a Lead Center Agent or Team. Then, click Tracking Options to move to the next step.
- Select the source(s) you'd like to track. A full explanation of these sources is available at the beginning of this article. Then, click Website Pool Setup.
- On the next step, type in the name of your pool, and enter the pool size that you prefer. The name you enter is how your website pool will appear within your reports.
Note: When creating a website pool, the minimum requirement is 4 numbers. This is to reduce the likelihood of a visitor-to-call misattribution. For more details on assessing website pool size, please see this help article.
- To create a website pool with numbers from a specific local area code, enter your desired area code in the first box. To create a website pool with toll-free numbers, choose the second box, and select one of the available toll-free area codes from the drop-down. Then, click Number Features to move to the next step.
- Configure whisper message and call recording. When you are finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
- To purchase an Australian or UK tracking number, please provide an address to associate with the tracking number. This does not have to be a local address and can be your business's main address.
- Once you've completed the number creation process, you can choose one of the suggested next steps to further configure your new tracking numbers, or Go to Activity Dashboard to close the number creation wizard.