See every call to and from your tracking numbers. Use the Call Log to filter, find, and export calls that are most meaningful to your business, or to generate a list of calls for a specific date range.
The Call Log custom report offers a convenient way for you to follow your tracking numbers' activity, allowing you to pinpoint key call information using customizable insights. Learn more about when and how calls are making an impact on your bottom line.
Create a Call Log Custom Report
Use these instructions to create a custom report that identifies the types of calls made and received by your tracking numbers within your Call Log. You can gain insightful knowledge about call details within a specified date range, helping you to understand more about the calls that matter to your business.
- Click Analytics in the navigation bar on the left, then select Reports at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Report from the Custom list of reports in the left menu.
- Find the Call Log option and click Create Report.
- Name your report by clicking the pencil icon at the top of the page or select Rename Report within the Report Options drop-down. You can update the name of your report at any time.
- Choose an interval for how your data will be presented by using the filter panel at the top of the report. The interval options available here will vary based on your date range. Your filter options are dependent upon what you choose in this drop-down.
- The report initially loads with a list of calls received or made by all companies. The columns display information related to each call. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table. Among other possibilities, this report can feature a call's value, its tags, and whether it's a qualified lead.
When CallRail shows marketing attribution data such as source, campaign, referrer, medium, and landing page, typically the contact's First Touch milestone is represented. This means how a contact engages with your company for the first time is captured in your reporting.
- If you'd like to search for specific names, numbers, or locations within the "Contact" column of the report, use the Search Contacts field at the top of the table to find your desired information.
- Use the filter panel to determine which companies and types of text conversations you'd like to see within a particular time frame.
- Use the company drop-down to choose which companies should be on this report. You can select as many or as few as you'd like.
- Use the date range drop-down to select the timeframe for the calls you'd like to see on this report.
- If you choose to drill-down further, select Add Filter and pick the additional filters you'd like for your report. This drop-down only shows if you're adding filters. If you choose the Tags filter, you can also see calls that don't have tags applied to them by selecting the "Uncategorized" option in the filter's drop-down.
Optional: You can see a separate chart and table featuring details about calls received or made by a specific company or tracking number by selecting the desired company or tracking number within the report. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page if you'd like to save this report for later.
Compare Data on a Call Log Custom Report
Use these instructions to compare data within your Call Log custom report.
- Place your cursor over the date range drop-down and click the plus icon that appears.
- Choose your desired comparison period by clicking on the comparison timeframe drop-down.
- You can create a custom timeframe by clicking on Custom. You'll see a comparison chart for the two time periods you've chosen.
- To exit the comparison view, click on the X that appears after placing your cursor over the comparison timeframe drop-down.
Export and Print Report
You can print, save your report to a PDF file, or export your report to an Excel file.
- Select Export at the top of the table.
- Choose Excel or Excel All Columns to download an Excel file of your report. If you choose to export to Excel, your report will include a cover sheet that details the filters you used to create your report.
- If you have Transcripts or voicemail transcription enabled, you can choose Excel With Transcriptions to download the selected columns in your Call Log with an added column featuring Transcripts. This option won't appear if you don't have Transcripts or voicemail transcription enabled.
- Select PDF Instructions and follow your browser-specific directions to save the report as a PDF file. You can also view this help article for more details.
- Click Print to print your report with the current filters and grouping applied.
Where are my familiar column labels from the old Call Log?
They’re still available to you. Click the Edit Columns button to see the labels that were found in the old Call Log, broken down by call information, contact details, session details, and classification information. Choose however many labels you want to see and click the “Apply” button when ready.
Where are my saved filters from the old Call Log?
With the new Call Log, the ability to save your filters has moved to our custom reporting feature instead of on the Call Log itself. Our powerful custom reports allow you to save filters and create separate reports for each of your filter sets for greater visibility into the metrics that matter most to your business. However, any filters you saved on a custom report you've built are still available to you.