We will be sunsetting our Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call integration in February 2023. Click here to learn how to transition from Mobile Click-to-Call to our Google Call Details Forwarding integration.
You can create a Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call tracking number to use exclusively as a call extension in a mobile ad. For any ad extensions used outside of this specific capacity, please see our instructions for creating a Google Ad Extension.
Once you create your tracking number, you'll place it within your call extensions in Google Ads and set up CallRail's Mobile Click-to-Call integration so that your keywords can display in CallRail. We'll match your calls with your clicks and report the keywords associated with your mobile ad campaigns. We'll also report the calls as conversions in your Google Ads account.
To create Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call tracking numbers for countries outside the United States and Canada, a member of our team will need to update your account first. Read this article to learn more about call tracking in your country.
Once you create your mobile click-to-call tracking number, use the article linked below to set up your integration. Your integration must be active in order for keywords to report for your mobile click-to-call tracking number.
Create a Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call Number
- Click the Create (+) icon in the navigation bar on the left and select Phone Number.
- Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it online.
- Select Somewhere else since this number will display on an ad and not your website.
- Select Yes, in an ad extension to use this number in your Google Ads call extension.
- Select Only on mobile devices since this number will be used in a mobile campaign.
- Set up your call routing by entering the telephone number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone you can select instead to route calls to a Lead Center Agent or Team. Then, click Number Setup to move to the next step.
- Name your tracking number for your reports and settings. Then, choose the call tracking phone number you'd like to purchase by picking from one of the three options for local and toll-free numbers. Once you've picked your number, click Number Features to move to the next step.
- Configure your whisper message and call recording to your personal preferences. When you're finished, click Activate Tracking Number.
To purchase an Australian or UK tracking number, please provide an address to associate with the tracking number. This does not have to be a local address and can be your business's main address. We'll save this address for future tracking numbers in the same area.
- Once you've activated your tracking number, continue the setup of your integration by choosing Enable Google Ads Mobile Click-to-Call Integration and follow the instructions outlined in this help article.