You can record both inbound and outbound calls in CallRail. It's a great way to help capture and analyze conversations with leads, classify your interactions for reporting purposes, and train your sales and customer service teams using real examples.
To learn about setting up call recording on your account, you can check out these help articles:
Troubleshooting Call Recording
If you are unable to find a call recording for a specific call, here are some common reasons why the call recording may be unavailable:
- Inbound call recording must be enabled for each of your tracking numbers. Make sure you have inbound call recording turned on for each tracking number you'd like to record.
- If call recording is turned on now, but was not turned on at the time of the call, there won't be a recording.
- If a call was abandoned and ended less than 15 seconds after it was placed, there may not be a recording. It is likely the recipient’s phone did not have time to ring.
- An administrator must enable outbound call recording on the account level. Until that setting is enabled, there won't be recordings for any outbound calls.
- Unless the administrator sets the account to record all outbound calls by default, agents must click the “Record call” box in the outbound dialer prior to placing a call. If that box was not checked, the call will not be recorded.