You can use this report to gain insight into the sources and interactions that are driving traffic and generating text messages.
This report is available at the account-level for an entire account and at the company-level for individual sub-accounts. Administrators will be able to access this report for an entire account.
Only local U.S. and Canadian tracking numbers are able to send and receive text messages and view these attribution reports.
Need to print, export, or save a report? You can follow the instructions in this article to do so.
Create a text attribution report
- Click Analytics on the left navigation bar.
- Select Reports at the top of the page.
- Choose Text Attribution from the Acquisition header on the left.
- Choose an interval for how your data will be presented by using the filter panel at the top of the report. The interval options available here will vary based on your date range. Your filter options are dependent upon what you choose in this drop-down.
- The report initially loads with a list of texts received by all companies, broken down by source. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to determine which companies and types of attribution you'd like to see.
- Use the company drop-down to choose which companies should be on this report. You can select as many or as few as you'd like.
- Use the date range drop-down to select the timeframe you'd like to see on this report.
- Use the attribution drop-down to select the type of attribution for the texts you'd like to see on this report. You can view by source, campaign, keywords, referring page, or landing page. When CallRail shows marketing attribution data, typically the contact's First Touch milestone is represented. This means how a contact engages with your company for the first time is captured in your reporting.
- Use the texts drop-down to choose what kind of text messages or conversations you'd like to see in your report. You can view by total text conversations, total messages, and first-time conversations.
- Use the graph drop-down to choose whether you want to view your data by total, days, or weeks. If using the "total" pie chart, hover over the various sections to receive percentage breakdowns of total and first-time texts.
- If you choose to drill-down further, select Add Filter and pick additional filters you'd like for your report. This drop-down only shows if you're adding filters.
- Optional: You can see a separate chart and table featuring details about various types of submissions by selecting the number of the desired attribution type within the report. Use the Edit Columns button to choose which columns you'd like to see on this table.