With Form Tracking, you can capture and follow up with customers as soon as they submit a form to your website. Custom forms allow you and your team to build and design forms to gather important information from your customers.
Building a Form
CallRail’s Custom Forms feature is company-dependent within your account. Use this set of instructions for each company where you'd like to build a form.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to create a form.
- Choose Custom Forms from the Forms & Chats header on the left.
- Click Create Form at the top of the page.
- Select one of the templates that best suits your form's needs. You can choose either the Contact Form, Address Form or Custom options and a predefined set of fields will appear on the next step. Click Edit to continue.
- Begin editing by clicking on a field. You can edit the Label Name and Placeholder Text fields by double-clicking the sample text and adding your own. You will see your edits appear in real-time to your form on the right.
- Make a certain field mandatory for your customers by clicking Make this a required field.
- Remove unwanted fields from your form by clicking the trashcan icon on the right side of a given field or by selecting Delete Field when editing a given field.
- Reposition the order of fields by clicking and dragging fields and moving them to your desired location.
- Add more fields to your form by clicking Add Field and selecting additional Field Options to add to your form. If you'd like, you can style your form to customize the way your form looks.
- Once you've added and customized each field of your new form, click Create Form. You will instantly be directed to the embedding and sharing options for your form. If you click Cancel during the creation of your new form, your edits won't be saved.
- After you've created your form, create a form alert to receive an email notification every time a form is submitted to quickly follow up with each lead. Learn how to receive form submission alerts.