Google Data Studio allows you to create custom dashboards and reports for data visualization. Using CallRail’s integration with Google Data Studio, you can use the contents of your Call Attribution report to infuse your custom dashboard with your call data.
Four CallRail connectors are available for sending your data and can be used simultaneously. Use the links below to navigate directly to one or more of these within Google Data Studio's gallery.
- The Call Time Series connector shows call data over a selected time period.
- The Call Summary connector shows summary call data grouped by various metrics.
- The Call Details connector shows full, detailed data for individual calls.
- The Form Summary connector shows summary form data grouped by various metrics.
The Call Summary and Form Summary connectors can provide the following fields as "Group By" categories within Google Data Studio:
- Landing Page.
Adding Your Call Data to Google Data Studio
After selecting one or more connectors as described in the previous section, follow the steps below to customize your report.
Note: If you are using multiple connectors, you will need to complete the following steps for each connector you choose.
- Select Authorize to implement the use of this Community Connector for both CallRail and Google Data Studio.
- You'll reach a screen where you can configure your custom report. For any data connector you choose, select your Account from the dropdown. Configure the other fields as they are listed for your chosen connector to begin the setup of your report.
- If you'd like to pull data only from a specific company, select that company from the drop-down menu in the second field. If no company is chosen, Data Studio will pull all calls from your account at the agency level (calls meeting the criteria you select here from every company in your account).
- After you've set your dimensions in Data Studio to your personal preferences, click Connect at the top of the page.
- You'll be taken to a page where you can add additional configurations for your report. Click Add to Report when you're ready to finish your report setup.
Tip (optional): If you've selected Average Duration as one of your data points, Google recommends changing the "Type" on this page to "Duration (sec.)" within the Numeric section of the drop-down.
- Click Create Report at the top of the page when finished.
- You'll be redirected to a new screen where your report will be built. Click Add to Report to add your data source.
- Customize your report by choosing the graphs, colors, layout, and themes you'd like to apply to your report.
- When finished, click View at the top of the page to see your report.
Disabling Your Google Data Studio Integration
The Google Data Studio connection is configured at the user-level within your CallRail account. If this connection needs to be removed within CallRail, the user that configured the integration should log in to disable it.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you'd like to disable Google Data Studio.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Choose My Applications from the Data Access header on the left.
- Click on Google Data Studio.
- Click the Revoke Access icon for Google Data Studio to remove the integration.
Unlinking Google Data Studio from CallRail
If you'd like to remove CallRail's access to Google Data Studio, you can do so from your Google account management settings.
- Log into the Google Data Studio account you'd like to unlink from CallRail.
- Select your account drop-down in the upper-right corner of the page, then click Manage Account.
- In the Security tab, locate the Third party-apps with account access section and click Manage third-party access.
- Scroll down to the Google apps section and click Google Data Studio, then Remove Access.
Can I use the Google Data Studio integration on my white label account?
At this time, Google Data Studio isn't available for white-labeled accounts.
I've set up my Google Data Studio integration but it doesn't show as active
Don't worry! Your integration is active. Due to the authorization Google Data Studio uses, we can't mark the integration icon as active.
Why I don't see any calls in the "Opportunity Tagged Calls" in the Calls Details template?
Our report template for Call Details includes a table with call data. We added a filter to that table to demonstrate setting up a report filter in Google Data Studio. However, the filter may cause you not to see any data in the table, especially if none of the calls are tagged with “Opportunity.”
To remove the filter, you can click on the table, which will open the edit pane for the table. On the Data tab, there is a Filter section. You can click on the pencil icon next to the filet to edit the filter, and hovering over the filter gives you the option to delete it.