The Lead Attribution by Source custom report gives you a combined view of all sources and interaction types you're tracking in CallRail at each stage in the sales funnel using multi-touch attribution. For example, if a lead filled out a form and then called your business, the attribution for each would be captured under the same lead and given credit at the right part of the sales funnel for reporting.
Read this article to learn about our attribution models and how to use them.
Need to print, export, or save a report? You can follow the instructions in this article to do so.
Create a Lead Attribution by Source custom report
Use these instructions to create a custom report that showcases your top-performing sources with multi-touch attribution modeling.
- Click Analytics on the left navigation bar.
- Click Reports at the top of the page.
- Select Create Report under the Custom header on the left.
- Click Lead Attribution by Source and click Create Report.
- You'll see a full lead attribution report with all of the current sources you're tracking in CallRail with your top five sources displayed in the graph above and a further breakdown in the table below. This report is divided by raw leads and qualified leads.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to choose one or more companies, a reporting time frame, and an attribution model for your report. Your report initially loads with the 50/50 Model selected, but you can change models anytime.
- You can also use the filter bar to select one or more interaction types for more targeted reporting. If you select only Calls, for example, it will only surface leads that have called your business at some point in the sales funnel and exclude leads that have only contacted you via a form submission or text.
- If you choose to explore your data further, you can click on a number within the table to drill down into the raw leads or qualified leads counts to see the specific leads that were attributed to a source of your choice.
- This report is automatically saved after it's been created.
How is the Lead Attribution report different than my Call Attribution report?
This report gives you a combined view of lead attribution for all interaction types you're tracking in CallRail (ex. calls, texts, and form submissions) using a lead-based model for reporting instead of attribution for individual calls and forms like in the Call Attribution or Form Attribution reports. This means that every contact will be tied to that specific lead and given attribution at the correct step in the sales funnel based on that lead.
Why don't I see any qualified leads?
If you don't see any qualified leads on the report, use this support article to learn more about how to qualify leads in CallRail.