The Lead Attribution by Campaign report gives you insight into which marketing campaigns are driving the most raw and qualified leads to your business at which stages in the sales funnel.
This report will automatically pull any campaign data available in CallRail via your integrations or Google Analytics UTM parameters available for specific sources. In order to get the most accurate data for this report, make sure to integrate CallRail with any of the ad networks you're tracking (ex. Google Ads, Facebook, and Microsoft Advertising) as well as ensure the correct tracking templates are applied for Facebook and Microsoft Advertising using the articles below. Google Ads will automatically have tracking assigned via the integration.
Need to print, export, or save a report? You can follow the instructions in this article to do so.
Create a Lead Attribution by Campaign Custom Report
Use these instructions to create a custom report that showcases a list of all calls to your tracking numbers.
- Click Analytics on the left navigation bar.
- Select Reports at the top of the page.
- Click on Create Report from the Custom header on the left.
- Select Lead Attribution by Campaign and click Create Report.
- You'll see a full lead attribution report with all of the current sources and campaigns you're tracking in CallRail with your top five sources displayed in the graph above and a further breakdown in the table below. This report is divided by raw leads and qualified leads.
- Use the filter panel at the top of the report to choose one or more companies, a reporting time frame, and an attribution model for your report. Your report initially loads with the 50/50 Model selected, but you can change models anytime.
Read this article for definitions for each attribution model and how to use them here.
- You can also use the filter bar to select one or more interaction types for more targeted reporting. If you select only Calls, for example, it will only surface leads that have called your business at some point in the sales funnel and exclude leads that have only contacted you via a form submission or text.
- If you choose to explore your data further, you can click on a number within the table to drill down into the raw leads or qualified leads counts to see the specific leads that were attributed to a campaign of your choice.
- This report is automatically saved after it's been created.
Why do I see N/A in my campaign column?
If you're seeing N/A for a campaign column it means we're unable to attach a campaign for that source. That could mean it's a single source tracker with no campaign name attached (like a billboard) or it's an online source that we don't have more granular data available for. To get the most amount of data, make sure to integrate your CallRail account with any of the ad networks you're tracking such as Google Ads, Facebook, and Microsoft Advertising so we can pull in campaign data. Also, make sure to activate tracking templates for Microsoft Advertising and Facebook.
How is the Lead Attribution reporting different than my Call Attribution report?
This report gives you a combined view of lead attribution for all interaction types you're tracking in CallRail (ex. calls, texts, and form submissions) using a lead-based model for reporting instead of attribution for individual calls and forms like in the Call Attribution or Form Attribution reports. This means that every contact will be tied to that specific lead and given attribution at the correct step in the sales funnel based on that lead.
Why don't I see any qualified leads?
If you don't see any qualified leads on the report, use this support article to learn more about how to qualify leads in CallRail.