CallRail's Facebook integration allows you to track the calls, texts, and form submissions that came from your Facebook ads. Use this data to prove the ROI of your services, refine your social media marketing, and help people connect with your business or your clients.
Additionally, all of your customer interactions in CallRail are sent over to Facebook to create Custom and Lookalike Audiences that can be used for retargeting and finding new leads fitting the profiles of current ones.
The below instructions cover detailed set-up information for this integration using Offline Events. For information on how Facebook attributes and displays your customer interactions, please see this article.
If you would like to set up your integration using your Facebook Pixel instead, you can follow the instruction in this article.
To use this integration, you must be an administrator of both a Facebook Business Manager account and a Facebook ad account. Recent changes on Facebook's end may necessitate the following manual updates:
If your ad account is only shared with and not owned by the owner of the corresponding Business Manager account, an administrator on the Business Manager account that owns your ad account must add CallRail as a partner and complete the Create Offline Events and Add CallRail as a Partner in Facebook sections laid out below.
After the administrator on the owning Business Manager account has gone through those sections, they will need to share the Offline Events with the shared Business Manager account connected to the integration.
Alternately, if the setup is attempted by the shared account without the owning account first adding it as a partner and completing the necessary steps, we will send a partner request to the owning business manager account. An administrator on that account will need to accept that request and complete the Create Offline Events section laid out below.
Learn more about Facebook Business Manager.
Learn more about Facebook ad accounts.
Note: As of July 2020, Facebook has made changes to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If we determine a lead to come from California, the offline conversion we post for it via the integration will be processed with Limited Data Use as a result.
This change on Facebook's end may affect campaign performance, specifically retargeting and campaign measurement. Again, this only affects leads originating in California.
Integrate CallRail with Facebook
To integrate your CallRail account with Facebook, you'll need to complete certain steps in both CallRail and Facebook. The process goes like this:
- Turn on the integration in CallRail.
- Create an Offline Events Set in Facebook.
- Add CallRail as a partner in Facebook and grant CallRail access to the Offline Event Set you created.
- Return to CallRail after one business day to complete activation.
Follow the instructions below activate your integration. You'll need to complete the process for each company you’d like to integrate with Facebook.
Activate the Integration in CallRail
- Click the Setting icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company you’d like to integrate with Facebook.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Choose Facebook from the list of integrations and click Activate.
- Click Log in with Facebook and follow the login instructions.
- Click OK to grant permission for CallRail to integrate with Facebook.
- When you click OK, you will be returned to the CallRail Settings page. Scroll back down to the Facebook integration tile and click Configure.
- Use the dropdown menus in the middle of the page to choose the Facebook Business Manager Account and Facebook Ad Account you'd like to use.
- Do not click Activate yet. Use the instructions in the next two sections of this article to create offline event sets and add CallRail as a partner in Facebook.
- Once you've created and assigned your event sets and have made CallRail a partner, return to the this page and click Activate.
- Facebook will then authorize your integration, which takes 24 hours. Return to the Facebook integration page in CallRail after 24 hours to complete activation.
- Click Activate again. If your integration is successful, you'll see a green success alert at the top of the page.
Create Offline Event Sets
Note: You must be a Facebook ad account administrator to create offline event sets.
CallRail reports calls, texts, and form submissions to Facebook as offline events. You must set up offline event sets in your Facebook business account to activate you CallRail integration.
- Access your Facebook business account and select Business Settings in the top right.
- Click Data Sources and select Offline Event Sets.
- Select Add at the top of the column.
- Enter Calls as the name of your offline event set. Make sure to use an uppercase C. If you use a lowercase c, your calls may not report to Facebook. Then click Create. No description is required.
- Select the ad accounts you'd like to associate with CallRail and turn the toggle on for Automatically Assign For New Ad Accounts. Then, click Next.
- For any ad accounts you've selected, make sure that Manage Offline Event Set is enabled via the toggle under Admin Access.
- Choose whether to assign any additional users to the offline event, and select their permissions. Then, click Assign or Skip to finish creating the offline event set.
- Repeat Steps 3 through 6 above to set up offline events for text messages and form submissions.
- Your offline event set for forms is titled Form Submissions (remember, it's case sensitive).
- Your offline event set for texts is titled Text Messages.
- Return to the CallRail integration page and click Next.
Add CallRail as a Partner in Facebook
After creating an offline event set, you'll need to create CallRail as a partner. Use this Facebook help article and the following instructions to complete this action.
You'll need CallRail's business ID: 889292414495448.
1. In your Facebook account, add CallRail as a Partner to share assets with.
2. On the Assign Assets screen, select the offline event set you have created. Make sure that Manage Offline Event Set in the Admin Access section is toggled on.
Viewing CallRail Data in Facebook
CallRail sends Facebook information about each call, text message, and form submission that comes into your business. Use the following instructions to access your CallRail data in your Facebook Business Manager account.
- At the top of the page, click More Tools.
- Select Events Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your offline events from the Data Sources menu to the side.
- Each of your Offline Events will appear in a table that shows the total number of events received and how many of those events can be matched to Facebook users. The graph shows your event history for the selected timeframe.
Use the following instructions to see which Facebook campaigns specifically led to offline conversions. This data does not indicate whether the conversion came from a call, form, or text message.
- In your Facebook Business Manager account, click More Tools.
- Select Ads Reporting from the the drop-down menu.
- Choose whether to look at your offline events from the Campaigns, Ad Sets, or Ads view.
- Enter "Offline Leads" into the Customize Pivot Table search field and check the resulting box.
- Your CallRail offline events will appear in the Offline Leads column next to the corresponding ad or campaign.
Facebook for CPL Reporting
To properly set up your Facebook ads to receive cost per lead data, you'll need to add URL tracking parameters to each Facebook ad that you're currently running.
Use the instructions in this help article to properly set up your Facebook ads for the Multi-Touch CPL report.
Disabling Facebook Integration
Disabling a company's Facebook integration will prevent your call data from reporting to your Facebook account. We'll keep your integration credentials saved in case you'd like to re-activate your integration in the future.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you'd like to disable the integration.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Choose Facebook from the list of integrations.
- Click Disable Integration on the right side of the page.
How can I filter which events are sent to Facebook?
You can customize which calls are sent through your Facebook integration using integration triggers. For example, you can choose a minimum duration for calls sent or add tags to events using responsive routing and only send events with certain tags.
Read more about creating integration triggers.
What about white label accounts?
Only administrators can activate integrations that require an account authorization (such as Facebook and Google Ads) for white-labeled accounts since this step requires the knowledge of CallRail to connect.
Additionally, white-labeled accounts can only be integrated using Ad Accounts owned by the selected business manager. Shared Ad Accounts cannot be used by white-labeled accounts for this integration.
In order to integrate, administrators will need to log into the correct Facebook account before authorizing the integration. After the integration is active, it will function like normal and there won't be any visibility issues for other user levels in your white-labeled CallRail platform.