Our integration with Google Analytics gives you insight into how visitors find and interact with your website by sending call data as events to goals you've created.
If your goals aren't reporting to Google Analytics, you can use this article to help you troubleshoot, and as always, our Support team is happy to help should you need additional assistance.
Before you start troubleshooting, check that your integration shows as active for the company you attempted to connect with Google Analytics. If it shows as inactive, try to activate the integration again.
Goals Not Reporting to Google Analytics
For specific instructions on finding your calls in Google Analytics, you can use this help article:
Check that the goal you have set up in Google Analytics matches the script on your website. We report calls to Google Analytics (analytics.js) as an "Event" whose category is "Equals to Phone."
If you have filters set up in Google Analytics, they may be filtering out data that CallRail is sending over. If you don't see your CallRail events, create or check in an unfiltered view for subsequent troubleshooting.
If you still don't see your calls reporting, check these four items:
- Ensure you’re looking at the correct Google Analytics account. (Check that the UA number matches the account you’re looking at.)
- Check that the Analytics ID in CallRail matches the Analytics ID in the Google Analytics account you are looking at.
- Make sure that phone calls have occurred after the Analytics integration was set up.
- Double-check that the correct date range is selected in both CallRail and Google Analytics.
- Do pageviews for “/phone/…” appear in Google Analytics?