Add call tracking to your Webflow website to find out which marketing sources drive calls and texts to your business. When a customer navigates to your website, we'll swap in the tracking phone number associated with the marketing source they came from. You can track calls on your Webflow website using source tracking numbers or a website pool to include session-level data.
Learn more about the differences between source and visitor-level call tracking.
There are a few important details you’ll need to know before you get started with dynamic number insertion:
- Dynamic number insertion detects multiple number formats, including: 111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- Special steps are necessary to swap phone numbers in images.
Installing CallRail on a Webflow Site
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Copy the code snippet on this page to your clipboard (you'll enter it into the Webflow integration with CallRail).
- In a separate browser, open your website in the Designer.
- Open Page settings for the page where you’d like to add your code.
- Save your changes.
- Once you save your changes, your integration with CallRail will be activated and your tracking numbers will start swapping on your Webflow website.
- Be sure to test your installation before your campaign begins.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.
Learn more about testing dynamic number insertion with this help article.