Preparing for Summer Vacation with Call Flows
Summer is just around the corner, so employees are taking more time off to vacation with their families. You have a couple of different options to ensure your call routing is not interrupted when an agent is out.
If you are currently forwarding numbers directly to a destination number/ Lead Center Agent and not using a call flow, you will first want to create a call flow that routes to that destination number or agent.
If an agent plans on being out a day or two coming up, you can add a schedule step in the call flow they are currently in to ensure calls are getting routed to a different agent on those specific days.
If an agent plans on being out for an extended period in the near future, you can duplicate the call flow they are currently in and rename it to something like “[Agent Name]’s Vacation Call Flow.” In this duplicated call flow, you will want to replace their Lead Center Agent name or destination number with that of an agent that will be covering those calls during that time.
Keep in mind, if the call flow is set up to route to a Lead Center Agent using a simulcall, round robin, or queue step, the offline agent will automatically be skipped, and the call will route to the other agents in that step. You will not need to create a separate call flow. This applies to call flows that are either only routing to one Lead Center Agent or routing to a destination number that will be unavailable to answer calls.
Once this is done and the agent leaves for their time-off, all you need to do is switch the call routing for those tracking numbers to the newly created call flow.
If you need to update multiple tracking numbers, you can use the Bulk Edit option.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you'd like to bulk edit tracking numbers.
- Click Account-Level Numbers at the top right.
- Select the number(s) you'd like to bulk edit.
- Click the Bulk Actions button at the top left.
- Select Call Routing, then click Next.
- Select Forward these calls to a call flow from this company to forward all calls to your tracking number to a call flow. This option is only available if all of your selected numbers belong to the same company.
- Click Save Changes.