CallRail offers two methods to report calls and forms as conversions to Google Ads. Our recommended method is to use our direct integration:
CallRail's Integration with Google Ads.
As an alternative, we offer Google Ads Manual Conversion Import for situations where you need to backfill any conversion data that may have been missed when the integration was not active. CallRail's Ads Manual Conversion Import reports conversions for calls and forms that included a Google Ads click (gclid) within the past 90 days.
CallRail's Google Ads integration requirements
In order to manually import calls to Google Ads, you'll need to have the following set up:
- Visitor-level call tracking.
- Auto-tagging enabled in your Google Ads account.
In order to manually import forms submissions to Google Ads, you'll also need:
- An active Google Ads Integration.
- The Send form submissions as conversions option must be checked on the Google Ads integration page in CallRail. Check out this support article to learn how.
- The form submission must have a gclid attached to it. If the form submission doesn’t contain a gclid, it will not be included in this export.
Note: Conversions can take 24 hours to appear within your Google Ads account. Additionally, once manually uploaded, conversions can't be deleted.
Manually import conversions
Each company has its own spreadsheet of Google Ad click IDs. Use the instructions below for each company in your account where you'd like to manually import your conversions to Google Ads.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company whose visitor tracking calls you'd like to import.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Choose Google Ads from the list of Integrations.
- Under Manual Import via CSV on the right side of the page, click on the link for downloading this CSV file.
Please note: The file will be emailed to the email address of the user who clicked on the downloading this CSV file link.
- Log in to your Google Ads account.
- In Google Ads, select Tools and Settings at the top of the page.
- Choose Conversions from the "Measurement" section of the Tools drop-down menu.
- Select Uploads in the menu to the left.
- Click the + icon to create a new upload.
- In the source drop-down, select Upload a file and choose the spreadsheet that was downloaded from your CallRail account. Then, click Apply.
- Google's documentation recommends waiting at least 3 hours to see your imported conversions in your Google Ads account. To learn more about how to see your conversions in Google Ads, use this help article.
If there are conversions present in the manual import that are already in Google Ads, will there be duplicate conversions?
No, the manual conversion import will skip any conversion with the same gclid, timestamp, and conversion action name already posted.