You can set up chat notifications for yourself and other Agents in Lead Center to be instantly alerted to your available and missed chat messages. Use the instructions in this article to create email notifications for your chat conversations.
If you've allowed desktop notifications in Lead Center on your browser, these alerts will automatically show for new chat messages right inside of your Agent inbox as long as you have Lead Center open.
Setting up email notifications for chat
- Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Choose Chat Conversations from the Notifications header on the left.
- Click Create Notification to configure a new notification, or click the pencil icon on the far right-hand side of the page to Edit an existing notification.
- Choose the company we should include in your chat notification email, and choose the user on your account who should receive this email. Only administrators and managers on your account will be able to choose a different user than themselves on this step. Reporting users can only create notifications for their own login. Then, choose the type of conversations you'd like notifications for (incoming and/or missed chats).
- Click Save when finished.
Sample email notification
Here's an example of what your chat notification emails will look like:
Sample browser notification
If you've set up desktop notifications for your chat conversations, you'll get a browser notification when you receive a new chat message. Here's an example of what your chat notification in your browser will look like: