When you use CallRail's Automated Response feature, you can send an automated text message to someone whose call you missed. Use this feature to let a customer know when they can expect to hear from you if you missed their call.
Please note: International plans cannot use the Automated Response feature.
Each automated response we send on your behalf will show in your customer's timeline so you know when they received your auto-reply. Standard text messaging rates apply for each text message we send as an automated response. Use your account's Billing page to see how many text messages are included in your pricing plan.
When setting up automated responses, keep in mind that a customer might provide a landline number or another phone number that can't receive text messages. In this case, they wouldn't receive your automated response.
Automated responses for missed calls
Automated responses are company-dependent within your account. Use the instructions below each time you'd like to set up automated responses for a different company in your account.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you'd like to set up automated responses.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- Choose Automated Response from the Automation header on the left.
- Click the checkbox to Send a text message when I miss a call.
- By default, we'll send your text message from the tracking phone number your customer called. Pick a backup tracking phone number in case your customers call a tracking number that doesn't support text messaging.
Please note: Toll-free tracking phone numbers are unable to send text messages.
- Enter a message that you'd like customers to receive when you miss their call.
- Click Save when finished.