You can use a Dial step in the Call Flow Builder to route callers to a single phone number, agent, or SIP address. Dial steps are typically used in conjunction with greetings and menus.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
We recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not included within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number.
Create a Dial step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Dial step in the company of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Dial step.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- You can select one of the template options to create a new Call Flow or you can edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Dial from the list of available steps.
- Enter your primary destination number, agent, or SIP address. The phone number entered in the dial step must match the country selected at the top of the call flow.
- Indicate how long you'd like callers to ring to this number by selecting a duration in the drop-down menu.
- Click the checkbox if you'd like to prevent voicemails and automated systems from answering a call.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.