A live desktop notification is a small notification in the top-right corner of your screen when your account receives a phone call. This works even when CallRail is minimized or open in a different tab.
Desktop notifications are only supported by modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. You can view the versions of the browsers that support this feature here. All supported versions are highlighted in green on this page.
Setting up live desktop notifications
Follow these instructions to set up desktop notifications. You'll need to have CallRail open in your browser to see desktop notifications.
Click the Account icon in the top left to open the My Account panel, then click Notifications.
- Select Calls & Texts from the Notifications section in the left menu.
- Click Create Notification.
- Choose the company we should include in your desktop notification, the user who should receive this notification, and whether you'd like to be notified of inbound calls and/or text messages. If you've chosen a specific company, you'll also have the option to choose a specific tracking number. Only administrators and managers on your account will be able to choose a different user than themselves on this step. Reporting users can only create notifications for their own login. Click Customize when you're ready to move to the next step.
- Add filters to your notifications to get details about specific types of calls you receive. You can also set an optional filter to only receive notifications for customers who have a certain Qualified Status. This step only applies to notifications about phone calls. Click Delivery when you're ready to move onto the final step.
- Select Desktop Push Notification and click Save when finished.