You can ring to a SIP endpoint when using CallRail's Call Flow Builder. Session Initiation Protocol, or SIP, is a protocol used in VoIP communications. SIP allows users to make voice calls that bypass the traditional telephone system.
Before creating your SIP step, you'll need to have the following:
- A VoIP provider that allows you to register your SIP device or softphone.
- A SIP address/endpoint from your provider. Your endpoint will be in the same format as an email address.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
We recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not included within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number.
Create a SIP Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a SIP step in the company of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon ion the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a SIP step.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- You can select one of the template options to create a new call flow or you can edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Dial from the list of available steps.
- Choose SIP from the destination number drop-down menu and enter your SIP address.
- Click the checkbox if you'd like to prevent voicemails and automated systems from answering a call.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the Numbers page at any time.