You can use a Tag step in the Call Flow Builder to label and categorize your inbound calls automatically. These tags will be available on your call log when a call is received and can be a helpful tool in managing your reports.
When adding a Tag step to your call flow, you’ll need to add it before any “dial” step in order for the call to automatically tagged.
Once your call flow is set up, you’ll assign it to the appropriate tracking numbers. You can assign the same call flow to multiple tracking numbers.
We recommend placing a few test calls from a telephone number that’s not included within your call flow to ensure your calls are routing as expected once your call flow is assigned to a tracking number.
Create a Tag Step
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a call flow with a Tag step in the company of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to use a Tag step.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- You can select one of the template options to create a new call flow or you can edit an existing call flow.
- Name your call flow at the top of the page.
- Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
- Select Tag from the list of available steps.
- Click + Tag and select the call tags you'd like to use to label calls to this call flow. You can choose as many tags as you'd like.
- Choose another step after your Tag step to include the destination number where calls should forward.
- Continue configuring your call flow to your personal preference. Then, click Save at the top of the page to save your call flow.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.