For example, if you have the following setups, you would want to be sure the tracking numbers were not interfering with one another:
- A source tracking phone number for "Google Ads" and another source tracking number for "All Search."
- A source tracking phone number for a landing page parameter, and a website pool for "All Visitors."
The following sources are listed from highest priority to lowest priority. Earlier rules in this list take precedence over later rules.
- Landing page parameter swaps (Example: utm_campaign=mycampaign) and landing page URL options are equal (example: Visitors who land on www.landingpage.com).
- Specific referring URLs (Example: Google PPC, yelp.com, direct visitors).
- Referrer groups (Example: Google Search, All Search, Organic Search, PPC Search).
- Source tracking numbers set to "Always Swap."
- Website pools.
This means that any source tracking number will always take precedence over a website pool. If you create a website pool to replace a source tracking number, set the swap setting on the original source tracking number to "offline" (or disable the unused phone number completely) to allow the website pool to function.