How the WordPress plugin works
Each tracking number you create can be assigned a source (like Google Ads, Bing Organic, Yelp, Facebook, etc.) and the correct tracking number will display when a user reaches your website via one of those sources. You'll also be able to track any form submissions on your website by enabling external form tracking or adding a custom form.
There are a few important details you’ll need to know before you get started with the WordPress plugin:
- Once you’ve installed the plugin on your website, be sure to test your installation before your campaign begins.
- Our plugin detects multiple number formats, including:
111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- Special steps are necessary to swap phone numbers in images.
- To begin tracking form submissions with CallRail, you will need to enable external form tracking for your company or create a custom form.
If the plugin is already set up but you sense something may be wrong, check out our WordPress plugin troubleshooting community post.
How to install the WordPress plugin
The WordPress plugin you'll use for your website is company-dependent within your account. Use these instructions to learn how to upload the WordPress plugin for a specific company.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company whose plugin you'd like to activate.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Click on the WordPress tile to show those instructions.
- Open a separate browser tab and log into your WordPress account.
- Within Wordpress, select Plugins, then search for CallRail.
- When you have located the CallRail plugin in Wordpress, click Install Now and then Activate.
- Once your plugin is successfully installed, select Settings in the left menu, then click CallRail.
- Add the WordPress plugin key from the Integrations page within CallRail to the plugin settings in WordPress.
- Click Save Changes to activate your plugin.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.
You can also check out our community post for some tips on troubleshooting the Wordpress plugin.
Can I have a white-labeled version of my plugin?
Why don't I see tracking data for incoming form submissions from an external form?
Use this help article to troubleshoot external form submissions.