Send an automated text message to someone who filled out a form on your website. CallRail's Automated Response feature is commonly used to let a customer know when they can expect to hear from you if you weren't available when they reached out to your business.
Each automated response we send on your behalf will show in your customer's timeline so you know when they received your auto-reply. Standard text messaging rates apply for each text message we send as an automated response. Use your account's Billing page to see how many text messages are included in your pricing plan.
When setting up automated responses, keep in mind that a customer might provide a landline number or another phone number that can't receive text messages. In this case, they wouldn't receive your automated response.
Automated response for form submissions
Automated responses are company-dependent within your account. Use the instructions below each time you'd like to set up automated responses for a different company in your account.
Please note: This feature is not available for international call tracking plans.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you'd like to set up automated responses.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
- Choose Automated Response from the Automation header on the left.
- Click the checkbox to Send a text message when I receive a form submission that contains a phone number.
- Pick the tracking phone number we should use to send your automated response. Your available options here will be your local tracking phone numbers, as toll-free tracking phone numbers can't send text messages.
- Enter a message that you'd like customers to receive when they submit the form they've completed on your website.
- Click Save when finished.