Each tracking number you create can be assigned a source (like Google Ads, Bing Organic, Yelp, Facebook, etc.) and the correct tracking number will display when a user reaches your website via one of those sources. You'll also be able to track any form submissions on your website by enabling external form tracking or adding a custom form.
There are a few important details you’ll need to know before you get started with the WordPress plugin:
- Once you’ve installed the plugin on your website, be sure to test your installation before your campaign begins.
- Our plugin detects multiple number formats, including:
111-222-3333, 111.222.3333, and (111) 222-3333.
- Special steps are necessary to swap phone numbers in images.
- To begin tracking form submissions with CallRail, you will need to enable external form tracking for your company or create a custom form.
Our WordPress plugin runs as a first-party script by default once it's been installed on your website since we provide first-party tracking and not third-party tracking. This allows your plugin to function as expected for website visitors who may be using a particularly sensitive ad blocker on their browser.
Installing the WordPress Plugin
The WordPress plugin you'll use for your website is company-dependent within your account. Use these instructions to learn how to upload the WordPress plugin for a specific company.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company whose plugin you'd like to activate.
- Click Integrations at the top of the page.
- Click on the WordPress tile to show those instructions.
- Open a separate browser tab and log into your WordPress account.
- Within Wordpress, select Plugins, then search for CallRail.
- When you have located the CallRail plugin in Wordpress, click Install Now and then Activate.
- Once your plugin is successfully installed, select Settings in the left menu, then click CallRail.
- Add the WordPress plugin key from the Integrations page within CallRail to the plugin settings in WordPress.
- Click Save Changes to activate your plugin.
Why isn’t my telephone number swapping?
Have you cleared your cookies, or tried accessing the website in a private browsing session? The most important part of testing dynamic number insertion is to simulate the experience of a first-time visitor before testing. Otherwise, the swap code will detect you as a visitor to the website from a previous session.
Learn more about testing dynamic number insertion with this help article.
Can I have a white-labeled version of my plugin?
Yes. Use the instructions above when logged into CallRail via your white label domain to access a white label version of your plugin.
Why don't I see tracking data for incoming form submissions from an external form?
Use this help article to troubleshoot external form submissions.