Use templates in the Call Flow Builder to quickly create custom routing for your tracking numbers based on the most commonly utilized call flows. Templates can be used in conjunction with the duplicate existing call flow feature to drastically reduce time spent manually creating custom routing for multiple tracking numbers within a company.
Admins and managers can create call flows for any company they have access to.
Call flow templates are not restrictive. When you select a call flow template, you can customize each step in the template, insert additional steps, or delete steps to further customize the call flow template as needed.
Once your call flow is assigned to your tracking numbers, we recommend placing a few test calls from a number that's not within your call flow to ensure your calls route as expected.
Create a templated call flow
Call flows are company-specific in your account. Follow the instructions below to create a templated call flow in the company of your choice.
- Click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar.
- Choose the company where you’d like to create a call flow.
- Click Workflow at the top of the page.
You can select one of the template options to create a new call flow or you can edit an existing call flow.
- For a new call flow, select a template from the options on the template menu, then click Configure Call Flow at the bottom-right of the menu. Once you select a template, you can still insert additional steps to customize the call flow as needed.
6. Name your call flow at the top of the page. The default name will be the template you selected. We recommend naming your call flow so you can easily identify it later.
7. Choose your call recording preference. Slide the toggle to ON to record all calls to this call flow. Keep the toggle OFF if you don’t want calls to this flow recorded.
8. Choose an option on the Select Country drop-down menu if your call flow is outside of the US and Canada.
9. Based on the call flow template you selected, enter the fields for each step in your call flow. (In this example, the Greeting > Menu > Dial template has been chosen).
Customize your templated call flow
Customize your call flow by using the pre-populated steps or adding additional steps as needed. Some steps will have default text created for you in the step (such as the Greeting step). You can add or remove as much text as you’d like to customize your call flow.
To add a step to your template, click + Insert step here below or in between any existing steps.
- To remove a step from your template, click the X in the upper-right of that module and a confirmation message will appear. You can delete the selected step or delete the selected step plus the additional steps following it. You can also insert a step back into your call flow if you change your mind.
- When you’ve completed your call flow, click Save at the top of the page.
- In the pop-up window, assign your call flow to one or more of your tracking numbers. Click Assign when done, or click Skip to skip the step for now. If you skip this step, you can assign call flows to tracking numbers on the All Numbers page at any time.
How long will the phone ring between call flow steps?
The default ring time for each call flow step is 20 seconds. You can customize the amount of time the phone will ring for each step in the call flow at the bottom of that step. You'll be able to select between 5-60 seconds for each call flow step.
Can I forward to an extension?
No, we don't support forwarding to extensions.