Apple Business Connect helps businesses manage their listings that leads and customers will see on Apple Maps, Siri, Apple Wallet, and more.
When you use a CallRail tracking number in your Apple Business Connect listing, you can track all calls coming from your listing and have a full picture of a customer's journey across sources. In this article, you'll learn how to add a CallRail tracking number to your Apple Business Connect listing.
Creating or claiming an Apple Business Connect listing
If you haven't already, you'll need to create or claim your Apple Connect Business listing. If you've already done this, you can move on the next section.
You'll need to have the role of Administrator to create or claim an Apple Connect Business listing.
- Create or claim your Apple Business Connect listing. If you're not sure how to do this you can follow the instructions in Apple's support article.
Please note: if you have a business with more than 25 locations or you have multiple businesses with multiple locations, you'll need an enterprise account instead.
- Enter your main business phone number in the initial location details. Once your location is verified, you can edit the listing to include your CallRail tracking number.
Create a tracking number
Follow the instructions below to create a tracking number for your Apple Business Connect listing.
- From the homepage, click Create Number to create a new number, or click the Create (+) icon in the left navigation bar and select Phone Number.
Choose the company where you'd like to add your new tracking number.
- The new number wizard will appear on your screen. The first question asks, "Where do you want to use this tracking number?" Select I’ll use it online.
- Select somewhere else, and then somewhere else.
- Set up your call routing by entering the number where we should route your calls. This is typically your primary business number. If you're using Lead Center, you'll see a second option for Lead Center's softphone. Then, click Number Setup to move to the next step.
- Personalize your tracking number details as necessary. We recommend naming your tracking number something specific to your business's location.
- Once you've created your tracking number, click the Settings icon on the left navigation bar. Locate your new number and click the pencil icon to edit its settings.
- On the next page, click the pencil icon in the upper-right of the Number Insertion Options section. On the page that follows, scroll down to the Tracking Sources section and select Apple Business Connect.
Adding your tracking number to your Apple Business Connect listing
Once your location is verified and your tracking number is active, you can edit your listing to include your new tracking number.
You'll need to have the role of Administrator to edit an Apple Business Connect listing.
- Sign into Apple Business Connect.
- If you’re the administrator for more than one organization, select the desired organization from the list.
- Use any of the options below to find the location you would like to edit:
- If you have one business, click the Info icon in the sidebar.
- If you have several businesses, click Businesses in the sidebar, select a business, then select the location you’d like to update.
- You can also search for a location, then select it from the list.
- Once you've chosen the location you want to manage, replace the 'Phone Number' with the CallRail tracking number you created.
That's it! All future calls from your Apple Business Connect listing will now be tracked and properly attributed.