Transfer an active call with a customer to anyone outside of Lead Center. When you use this feature you can transfer a call with a customer to a new number or a number you’ve saved to your transfer list. You can also have a three-way call between the customer, transferee, and yourself.
Transfer a call to someone outside of Lead Center
- On an active call, click the Transfer Call icon at the top of the interaction panel.
- Under the search bar, choose External Transfer.
- In the dial pad or phone number field, enter the number you want to transfer the call to.
Note: If the person you’re transferring to is saved in your transfer list, type their name into the transfer field or select the dropdown to find them.
- Select Warm Transfer.
- The active call will be put on hold, and you'll hear ringing while you connect to the external number. The status bar will show when the transfer begins and when the transferee joins the call.
Note: If the external transfer call fails or goes to voicemail, you can select Cancel Transfer, which will cancel the external transfer while keeping the original call on hold until you unhold the call. You can also click the Transfer Call icon again and enter a new number.
- When the transferee joins the call, click unhold to complete the transfer with the active caller.
- You can now click the hang up icon to leave the call. You can only end the call after you've taken the active caller off hold.
Adding a number to your transfer list
Once the call ends, you can add the external number to your transfer list to make the transfer easier next time.
- Navigate to the top status bar after the call ends and select Click here.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can input a name and save the number to your transfer list.
- Next time you transfer a call outside of Lead Center, you can type the name into the field or select the name from the dropdown.